RunFit Kidz Fitness Program Starts March 25!
The RunFit Kidz program returns to Compass this spring! RunFit Kidz is a fun, non-competitive co-ed program for mixed age students (2nd grade and older) of all fitness levels. The program starts Wednesday, March 25 at 9:40 am. RunFit Kidz is a great way for homeschoolers to get some exercise before settling into other studies for the day!
The program includes:
- Introduction to fitness and running
- Supportive group environment
- Proper mechanics of running, pacing
- Personal goal-setting
- Dynamic warm-ups
- Strength training
- Running technique activities and drills
- Games and relays
- Cool-down stretching
- Incentive tokens for incremental distances
- Weekly health topics with a nutrition tip-of-the-day
- Featured body system or muscle group each week
The class will gather indoors, but exercise and running will take place outdoors, on the grounds and paths of the wooded UUCF campus. The program is designed to help emerging runners build incremental endurance over 8 weeks, and the group’s accomplishments are celebrated with a 5K (3 mile) celebration fun run/walk. Spring quarter runners will be invited to join other RunFit Kidz students from around northern Virginia for a 5K fun run on Sunday, May 23. Parents who wish to try running or improve their own fitness may register themselves for this class. Register online at www.compassclasses.com.