Homeschool Quads Chess Tournament
The annual Homeschool Quads Chess Tournament is a great first-time, beginners’ tournament, but more experienced players will also enjoy a morning of outdoor chess matches with homeschool friends.
General Tournament Details
- Date: The Homeschool Quads Chess Tournament is held the late week in May each year. The next date is Wednesday, May 25, 2022 (10:00 am – 12:30 pm)
- Time: The tournament begins at 10:00 am, but participants are asked to check in by 9:45 am. The ending time will vary based on number of participants but it usually concludes around 12:00-12:15 pm.
- Location: The tournament is held at Compass’s Herndon learning center.
- Address: 520 Herndon Parkway, Suite D.
- Registration: Registration opens by February 1 through the Compass Activity Fees page.
- Cost: Entry fees are collected to offset the cost of prizes and event administration. The cost is $12.00 fer chess player.
- There will be no onsite registration the day of the tournament.
- The tournament is open to any homeschooled chess player between ages 6 and 16.
- Students will be placed in groups of 4 with similar playing strength (or by age, if they are not a current Compass chess student). Each player will play 3 games.
- Individual games will not exceed 50 minutes, and the tournament official will determine the winners of incomplete games.
- As each game finishes, students are asked to wait quietly until the next round is called. Students waiting between rounds can go to the adjacent playground or playing fields, and participants will be called back when it is time to begin the next round.
- A brief awards ceremony is held for participants and parents at the end of the tournament. Participants receive a certificate, and quad winners will receive medals.
Contact Compass for questions on the annual Homeschool Quads Chess Tournament.