Crafty Kids Club
Paint, glue, beads, feathers, and fun! Crafty Kids Club is a weekly after-school meet-up for kids in grades 2-5. Kids gather and socialize while completing a craft around a monthly theme. An experienced Compass arts instructor, Judith Harmon (Miss Judy) facilitates the crafting each week.
Projects are selected to showcase a variety of materials and crafting techniques and to promote creativity and imagination. Each month, a minimum of four projects will be included from among eight craft categories: wooden, wearables, simple sewing, painting, sculpting, paper, beading, and mixed media. Kids will enjoy the camaraderie of working alongside a group of friends, and parents will appreciate the break! Read below for more details, parent information, and registration links.
Upcoming Crafty Kids Club Themes
- September 2023: Animal Adventures
- October 2023: Monster Mash
Previous Crafty Kids Club Themes
Past themes include:
- Spectacular Space
- Pirate’s Adventure
- Medieval Merriment
- Winter Wonderland
Crafty Club meets weekly on Tuesdays from 3:00 pm- 4:00 pm starting in September.
Sign up here for the first 8-week quarter.
Alternatively, if spaces remain, students may sign up through a month-to-month fee. For $25.00 per month, students will receive their kit of supplies and an invitation to the weekly club. If a student misses a week, no problem! His/her supplies for the missed project will be sent home with instructions to complete it solo or with parents.
- All the supplies are right there, in one convenient kit: No need to search high and low for the needed materials.
- Reduce waste and clutter: No need to buy large quantities of specialty supplies for a one-time project.
- Reduce clean-up: Leave the glue, paint, and glitter mess at Compass.
- Kids get to experiment with a variety of materials and techniques, even if you are not crafty.
- Crafting improves dexterity and fine motor skills, and an afterschool club makes a great social outlet.