Announcing Eta Sigma Alpha, National Homeschool Honor Society, at Compass
Compass is proud to announce the formation of a chapter of Eta Sigma Alpha (HSA), the National Homeschool Honor Society! Compass will host the Alpha Rho chapter and join more than 300 other chapters of homeschooled students. Applications for membership are being accepted!
The goals of Eta Sigma Alpha are to:
- Recognize and promote scholarship and academic excellence
- Create opportunities for leadership
- Foster networking and socializing among homeschooled students
- Plan and participate in service projects
For many, HSA will provide a noteworthy extracurricular activity and credential on future college or scholarship applications. This is a student-run organization, and student officers will be elected in the fall. The Alpha Rho is open to all qualified homeschooled students in the area, whether they take Compass classes or not.
In order to qualify for the organization, students must be:
- 7th-12th grade
- Homeschooled, in good standing
- Submit recognized test scores (see application for tests and minimum scores)
The Alpha Rho chapter will have regular meetings on the 2nd Friday of each month from 3:00 pm- 4:00 pm, and special events/socials as scheduled by the members. The first meeting will be Friday, September 15.
For more information or to receive an application, contact HSAAlphaRho@compassclasses.com