Taliesin Knol has nearly ten years of experience fabricating intricate historical dioramas. Taliesin has been involved with the Smithsonian “Soldiers and Dioramas” series of summer camps, first as a student, then as a youth teaching assistant, and then for three years as a full instructor. Through the unique medium of dioramas and miniatures, Taliesin has taught science, history, and literature topics to students in kindergarten through eighth grade. His area of expertise is on military history and strategy which he “brings to life” with dioramas and strategy games. Taliesin has studied with and uses the diorama methods and materials pioneered by award-winning, professional diorama artist Al Gaspar of Philadelphia. Taliesin has studied History and Environmental Science at Northern Virginia Community College and Randolph College.
- “Taliesin Knol is FANTASTIC!! My son has taken every class offered by Taliesin on Wednesdays for a couple years now. He learns a ton and couldn’t be happier in his classes.” -R.N. (McLean, VA)
- “My daughter enjoyed taking the 3D History class from Mr. Knol. She says he was very knowledgeable about the specific battles he covered in class. The dioramas were very detailed and helped her visualize the history. Personally, she found him to be pleasant, kind to her and the other students while able to keep control over the class, and helpful when she was struggling.” -B.W. (Reston, VA)
- “Taliesin is my kids’ favorite teacher at Compass. All 3 kids have taken classes from him. All classes have been great. They think he’s fantastic.” -J.M. (Oakton, VA)
- “My daughter has taken countless cases with Taliesin – he is wonderful! He teaches in a hands-on way that if fun, engaging, and educational. He is kind, patient, and allows messes! Cannot recommend him enough!” -J.H. (Vienna, VA)
- “My son adored Taliesin’s classes. He looked forward to the classes and was sad when the course ended.” -P.C. (Gainesville, VA)