Crafty Kids Club is a weekly after-school meet-up for kids in grades 2-5. Kids will gather and socialize while completing a craft around a monthly theme. An experienced Compass arts instructor will facilitate the crafting each week. Projects are selected to showcase a variety of materials and crafting techniques and to promote creativity and imagination. Each month, a minimum of four projects will be included from among eight craft categories: wooden, wearables, simple sewing, painting, sculpting, paper, beading, and mixed media.
Kids will enjoy the camaraderie of working alongside a group of friends in Crafty Kids Club, and parents will appreciate the break! Parent Notes:
- All the supplies are right there, in one convenient kit: No need to search high and low for the needed materials.
- Reduce waste and clutter: No need to buy large quantities of specialty supplies for a one-time project.
- Reduce clean-up: Leave the glue, paint, and glitter mess at Compass.
- Kids get to experiment with a variety of materials and techniques, even if you are not crafty.
- Crafting improves dexterity and fine motor skills, and an afterschool club makes a great social outlet.
If your child is working virtually or cannot come to Compass in person, no problem, you can subscribe to Crafty Kids and get a monthly kit with all materials, supplies, and written instructions to complete the projects on your own. For an extra fee, your monthly materials will be mailed to you or can be picked up at Compass. To purchase the shipping option for fall ($9.50/ month), click HERE. To purchase the pick-up option ($3.50/month), click HERE.
Fall themes and example projects are:
- September: Spectacular Space (kaliedescope, spacehip)
- October: Pirate Adventure (parrott bracelets, treasure chest)
- Medieval Merriment (sword, shield)
- Winter Wonderland (snow globe, beaded snowflakes
If a student misses a week, no problem! His/her supplies for the missed project will be bagged and sent home with instructions to complete it solo or with parents.