This Week at Compass: Summer Workshops & More
Got your summer scheduled figured out? If your kids have some down-time or you need some quiet time, pop into Compass for short Summer Workshops this week. Most of our workshops are one or two half-day programs that families can fit in and among other summer plans. Join us for several creative, experiential workshops this week including:
- New Twists on Old Tales (Mon 6/12)
- Math Fact Foundations: Addition (Mon 6/12 & Thu 6/15)
- Dynamic Dioramas: Pirates of the New World (Tue 6/13, Wed 6/14, and Thu 6/15)
- The Long and Winding Road: 60s History through the Music of the Beatles (Tue 6/13, Thu 6/15)
- Vet ‘Ventures: Discover Dogs (Tue 6/13)
- Latin for Learning Language (Wed 6/14 – Wed 7/5)
- Little Doctor Academy: Pediatrician (Wed 6/14)
- Super Spellers (Fri 6/16)
Check out our Summer Workshop schedule for 11 more workshops the week of June 19, and dozens more the end of June, July, and August. Registration for most workshops is by single-session so families can mix-and-match. Everyone is welcome in Summer Workshops: Compass students, other homeschooled students, soon-to-be homeschooled students, former Compass students, and those who attend conventional or virtual school settings and their friends and neighbors. Most Summer Workshops also qualify for payment by a Virginia K-12 Learning Acceleration Grant.
Mock Trial Auditions
Auditions for the 2023-24 Compass High School Mock Trial team begin this Friday, June 16. Read more about the team HERE, and e-mail them directly (CompassMockTrial@gmail.com) with questions on schedule, workload, and to schedule an audition.
Compass tutors still have available summer time slots to work with students who need to catch up or get a jump start on reading, handwriting, comprehension, composition, math, science, foreign language, and more. Contact Compass for more information or to get on someone’s schedule.
Early Registration Discount
Time is running out! The 10% Early Registration Discount on Compass fall classes ends on June 30. Spaces in fall classes are filling up. Take a look at Fall Classes today!