Spring Quarter Classes Posted! Early Registration Begins on 2/14/17 at 6:00 am
Great news! The all-new schedule for 4th quarter Spring classes at Compass has been posted! Early registration for begins next week on Tuesday, February 14 at 6:00 am. A 10% early registration discount is offered through March 3. But don’t wait, some popular classes fill up quickly!
New families are welcome to enroll! More than 80 classes are offered for homeschooled students in K-12th grade, including topics in math, science, engineering, technology, history, humanities, civics, writing, French, Mandarin, art, music, dance, drama, cooking, chess, fitness, fencing, and more! You will find some returning favorites and many innovative, new class topics such as:
- High Energy Hip Hop: Dance Craze Fun
- Biotechnology: The Science Behind Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
- Public Speaking: The Great Speeches
- The Science of Summer Sports
- Money Matters: Business Start-Up
- Cooking: Maiz to Mole- Mexican Menu (9 sections)
- Singing: Broadway Bound
- Smart Start: Thinking Fun for Young Learners
- Wellness Works
- Digital Logic Games
- Video Editing and Special Effects
- arKIDtecture: City Planning (2 sections)
- Acting: Shakepeare’s Star Wars
- Jr. Engineering: Colossal Construction with Lego
- Puppet Craft Workshop: Fantastical Beasts
- and dozens more!
Compass also has an expanded High School Schedule with classes on Wednesday only, some on Friday only, and some that meet Wednesday and Friday. Quarter-long high School Topics include:
- History Investigators: What Caused the Salem Witch Trials?
- The Psychology of Learning (two sections)
- Mission Possible: Global Solutions 2040
- Acting: Shakespeare in the Woods: Scenes from the Tempest
- Supreme Court Showdown: Recent Cases and Controversies
- 3D History: Napoleonic Wars, Austerlitz 1805
- Literary Criticism: Essay Experiences
- Everyday Spanish Conversation
- Introduction to Comparative Religion: Persecution & Tolerance
- and more!
Check the Registration page for all class options. Use the new filter features to search by hour, grade, topic, or key word. Look at Class Descriptions for class details, grade range, prerequisites, and instructors. See Compass Policies for questions about age/grade placement