Reminder: Open House and Q&A Information Sessions at Compass
Reminder that Compass has five upcoming Open House and Q & A Sessions scheduled! The first two are tomorrow, Wednesday, May 18 at 1:00 pm and 2:30 pm.
The Q & A information sessions are for continuing, returning, or all new homeschool families to ask questions about the new fall schedule, registration, high school classes, community activities, instructors, placement, policies, or more. Those visiting campus for the first time will invited for a brief tour to see classrooms and common areas. Come find out how Compass classes can be part of your family’s homeschooling next year! Drop in or RSVP.
Open House, Q & A Sessions:
- Wed. May 18, 1:00 pm
- Wed. May 18, 2:30 pm
- Fri. May 20, 10:00 am (high school only)
- Wed. May 25, 11:00 am
- Wed. May 25, 1:00 pm
All Wednesday information sessions will take place in the Upper Building Atrium A classroom space. The Friday, May 20 information session will be held in the lobby of the Program Building.
90 classes are offered for homeschooled students in K-12th grade, including topics in math, science, engineering, technology, history, humanities, civics, public speaking, writing, Spanish, French, ASL, art, music, drama, cooking, chess, fitness, and more! You will find some returning favorites and many innovative, new class topics such as:
- Beginning String Orchestra
- High Energy Hip Hop
- Soccer Shots
- Modern Mosaics
- Biotechnology: Cellular Biology
- Smart Start: Thinking Fun for Young Learners
- Nature Quest
- Aerospace Engineering Simulation Lab
- Countdown to the White House
- Money Matters Personal Finance
- Dynamic Dioramas: Jamestown and the Powhatan Confederacy, 1607
- Acting: Reader’s Theater- From Athena to Zeus Mythology Skits
- and dozens more!
Compass also has an expanded High School Schedule with classes on Wednesday only, some on Friday only, and some that meet Wednesday and Friday. See the online High School Course Catalog in addition to the schedule:
- Pre-calculus: The Art of Problem Solving
- College Conversations Junior Year Odyssey
- American Civil War Awakenings: Voices from the North
- Introduction to CS: Python Programming with Practical Projects
- Everyday Spanish Conversation
- Philosophically Speaking
- Acting Scenes for Teens: The Princess Bride
- Introduction to Comparative Religions
- Historical Illuminations: Medieval Upheaval
- Geometry: Euclid and the Art of Problem Solving
- and more!
Check the Schedule page for all options by hour and sort by grade or day. Look at Class Descriptions for class details, grade range, prerequisites, and instructors. See Compass policies for questions about age/grade placement and withdrawal/refunds.
All classes meet in Oakton. 1st quarter is 7 weeks long and begins Wednesday, September 7!