Remember: Registration for Compass Fall Classes Opens Tomorrow at 6am!
Don’t forget that registration for Compass fall classes opens tomorrow, Tuesday, May 22, at 6:00 am!
You can view the 118-class schedule online.
There are a few important details to know before registering:
1. Before registration opens, log into your Family Account. Make sure that you know your password. Request an automatic password reset if you have lost your login. Confirm that all of your family’s details including kids’ names, ages, grades, and contact information is correct in the system. Registration is much simpler when this info is “built in” your family account. Read more about Family Accounts online.
2. Check the Schedule carefully to make sure you know if a class meets on Wednesday, Friday, or both days. Some high school classes are year-long (30 weeks), while most other high school classes and some middle school classes are semester-long (14 weeks). See the full 2018-19 Compass calendar here.
3. Double check class times and details carefully. There were minor updates to 6-8 classes after the first draft of the paper schedule was shared with onsite families on May 9. A middle school ASL class was added to the schedule.
4. For year-long classes, families have the option of paying half of the tuition at registration and the balance by August 31. For these classes, enter the discount code “1819DEFER50” during check-out. There will be a $25.00 fee added for the split payment when the invoice and payment link are sent at the end of summer.
Payments for all quarter-long and semester-long classes is due at the time of registration. Families always have the option of deferred payments through PayPal at the check-out with zero interest on any amount due over $99 which are paid off in 6 months. This option is between the buyer and PayPal and remains unknown to Compass.
5. NOVA dual enrollment classes were shown on the draft schedule but will not be offered at this time. Despite extensive planning, NOVA has postponed being able to offer these classes because of significant changes at the state level in the dual enrollment program. We will continue to work with NOVA to bring such opportunities in the future.
6. When you check out from registration, the system will ask if you want to add student magazine subscriptions to your cart. Compass offers 3 levels of NatGeo for kids, 3 levels of Time for Kids, and New York Times Upfront magazine for teens throughout the year. These magazines are distributed at Compass. You can find more information about student magazine subscriptions in the Compass store.
Thanks for looking at the Fall Schedule!