Registration Open for Winter STEM Classes at Compass!
Registration is still open for a wide variety of STEM enrichment classes for homeschooled students! All classes are taught by subject matter experts with extensive experience in industry as well as science, technology, engineering, and math education. Compass STEM classes encompass computer science, robotics, natural sciences, and unique math enrichment topics. Examples of some of the innovative, experiential classes available are:
- Coding for Kids: Games
- Jr. Robotics: Space Battles
- Maker Lab: Futuristic Fiber Tech
- Playing with Math: The Number Devil
- Explorations in Extreme Math (Fridays)
- Robotics Challenge: Command Base Mars
- Oceanography: Exploring the Abyss
- Multimedia: Special Effects for Film Making
- Jedi Master Engineering with LEGO
- Living World: Microscopic Universe
- Molecular Chemistry
- Industrial Engineering for Kids
Classes are 8-weeks long, and begin on Wednesday, January 13. Classes are held in Oakton. See the Compass website for the schedule, ages/grades and flexible placement policy, complete descriptions, dozens of classes in other academic topics, and online registration.