Items Needed for the Homeless!
During Compass’s winter week off, the UUCF church is converted to a hypothermia shelter for the area’s homeless. Once again they have asked Compass families to contribute items for our homeless neighbors. On January 26, 31, and February 2, 7, and 9 we will be taking donations of:
- Packs of new adult underwear and undershirts
- Packs of new adult socks
- Gently used adult coats, jackets, gloves, scarves, and hats
- Gently used, sturdy adult shoes or boots (not formal or dressy)
- Gently used adult pants, jeans, sweaters, sweatshirts, long sleeve shirts (not formal or dressy)
- Back packs or duffle bags
- Packs of new washcloths
- Incontinence & feminine hygiene products
- Throw blankets/afghans (not full sized bed blankets) for those who sleep in their cars
Note: children’s items are not needed, as families with children do not stay in this shelter.
Please bring your contributions to the Compass front desk. Receipts for your tax-deductible donations are available. As a reminder, Compass classes do not meet this year on February 14 or February 16 while the facilities are used to shelter the area homeless.