- Before Registering
- Review the schedule grid to view class options hour-by-hour or filtered by grade level.Check the full class descriptions, times, recommended grade range, and prerequisites (for some)
- Classes meet in Oakton. Read class descriptions carefully to see whether a class meets Wednesday only (most), Friday only (some), or Wednesday and Friday (few).
- Review Compass policies regarding age/grade placement, class withdrawals and refunds.
- For high school classes, read the Compass Program Approach.
- Review the Academic Calendar.
- Full (Wait Listed) ClassesPlease note that as classes become full, a wait list is created. Please add your child’s name to the wait list if you are interested in the course, as openings sometimes become available. You will not be asked to pay anything to be on the wait list. Closed classes with a wait list are displayed alphabetically on the list below after open classes. Read the FAQs about Wait Listed classes.
- Registration Fees:Administrative fees are added to each class at checkout as follows: $6.00 for quarter-long classes; $12.00 for semester-long classes; $24.00 for year-long classes; $35.00 for NOVA dual enrollment classes.