Don’t Forget: Early Registration for Spring Classes Starts Tomorrow 2/11
Don’t forget! Early registration for 4th quarter begins tomorrow morning on Thursday, February 11 at 6:00 am. The all-new schedule for 4th quarter spring classes at Compass has been posted. A 10% early registration discount is offered through February 26. But don’t wait, some popular classes fill up quickly! New families are welcome to enroll!
78 classes are offered for homeschooled students in K-12th grade, including topics in math, science, engineering, technology, history, humanities, civics, public speaking, writing, Spanish, French, Arabic, ASL, Mandarin, art, music, drama, cooking, chess, fitness, and more! You will find some returning favorites and many innovative, new class topics such as:
- Minecraft Engineering with LEGO
- Ninjago Jr. Engineering with LEGO
- Puppet Craft Workshop- 2 levels
- Beginning Folk Guitar
- Learn to Draw Manga Comics- 2 levels
- Stage Combat: Fighting with Found Objects (Fridays)
- Battle Strategy & Dioramas: WWII US Marines at Guadalcanal
- Stop Motion Animation
- arKIDtecture: Building Basics- Ultimate Hang Out Design- 2 levels
- A Kid’s Guide to the Presidential Election
- Video Editing and Special Effects
- Actor’s Workshop: Shakespeare in the Woods
- Road to the Whitehouse
- Arabic in Action- 2 levels
- Writing for the Real World (Fridays)
- Spanish Conversation for Kids- 2 levels
- Mission Possible: Global Solutions
- ASL (American Sign Language)- 2 levels
- Discovering Dinosaurs & Fossils
- and many more!
Check the Schedule page for all options by hour and sort by grade or day. Most classes meet on Wednesdays, but several middle and high school level classes meet on Compass Teen Fridays. Look at Class Descriptions for class details, grade range, prerequisites, and instructors. See Compass Policies for questions about age/grade placement and withdrawal/refunds.
All classes meet in Oakton. 4th quarter is 8 weeks long and begins Wednesday, March 30 and Friday, April 1.