Donations Needed for Area Homeless
During Compass’s winter week off, the UUCF church is converted to a hypothermia shelter for the area’s homeless. Once again they have asked Compass families to contribute items for our homeless neighbors. For the next three weeks, on January 22, 24, 29, 31, and February 5 and 7, we will be taking donations of:
- Packs of new adult underwear and undershirts
- Packs of new adult socks
- Gently used adult outwear: coats, jackets, gloves, scarves, and hats
- Gently used, sturdy adult shoes or boots (not formal or dressy)
- Gently used adult pants, jeans, sweaters, sweatshirts, long sleeve shirts (not formal or dressy)
- Back packs or duffle bags
- Packs of new washcloths
- Incontinence and feminine hygiene products
- Throw blankets/afghans (not full sized bed blankets) for those who sleep in their cars
Note: children’s items are not needed, as families with children do not stay in this shelter.
Please bring your contributions to the Compass front desk. Receipts for your tax-deductible donations are available. As a reminder, Compass classes do not meet this year on February 12 or February 14 while the facilities are used to shelter the area homeless.