Compass Winter Classes Start Wednesday…Registration Still Open!
Winter is a great time to try a new class when kids are restless indoors and tired of staying home. Come out and try something new to liven up your homeschooling! Compass is offering 81 classes for homeschoolers in K through 12th grade, and more than half still have space available! Don’t wait, because 13 of those classes have just 1-2 seats remaining! If you checked last month, please look again because some previously closed classes now have openings.
Compass enrichment classes are designed to be fun, hands-on, experiential and are taught by subject matter experts. A partial list of classes includes:
- Nature Quest: Adventurers (new 2:00 pm section just added)
- Acting: Scenes from Harry Potter
- CrossFit Kids
- Smart Start: Thinking Fun for Young Learners
- Introduction to Digital Photography (two levels)
- arKIDtecture: Radical Rec Center Design
- Jedi Jr. Engineering with LEGO (Star Wars inspired projects)
- Historical Illuminations: Crusades and Conquests
- Information Masters: Research Basics (two levels)
- Beginning Guitar for Teens and Adults
- The Psychology of Communication (two levels)
- Beginning French (two levels)
- Everyday Spanish Conversation
- ASL (American Sign Language)- two levels
- many more
Register for these classes and others online. Compass Classes meet in Oakton, and most are 8-weeks long. Compass has fun community activities planned throughout the year. Watch for details on this winter’s Geography Bee, two Spelling Bees, Winter Talent Show, and Science Fair!