Compass Has Bugs: Converting to Manual Registration via E-Mail (Read All Details!)
Yikes! Compass has BUGS!
Lots and lots of bugs! The new server must be infested! We are very sorry for the huge inconvenience to those who have spent an inordinate amount of time at their computers yesterday and today. For those who have been attending Compass, you know that this is not the usual experience. For those who are trying Compass for the first time, we know this a terrible first impression, and we look forward to showing you how well run our operation really is!
Today’s re-opening of registration was full of bugs and stumbling blocks. Some people were fortunate and did get their registrations in, but people had a variety of problems. In many cases, students were placed in the classes without your getting a confirmation.
Following is our plan:
1. The registration system will be closed at 3:00 pm today.
2. If you are unsure whether or not your child got in a class, please e-mail which ones you were trying to get. We will check this against the database and confirm for you.
3. If your child got in a class, but you were not directed to the payment page, we will send you a link to pay.
4. If were not able to get one or more of your class choices, we are going to be accepting requests for manual registration.
If you would like to us to complete your registration manually, will need you to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your e-mail must contain the following information:
Subject Line: Manual Registration
- Student(s) Name
- First and Second Choice Class for each hour
- Child’s Grade (if enrolled in traditional school) and Birthdate
- Parent’s Name
- Parent’s E-Mail Address
- Complete Address
- Cell Phone Number
- Emergency Contact Name and Number
Even if you sent an e-mail earlier today or yesterday, please resend with this complete information. We are not able to look up all these details in other records.
For classes we can manually register for, you will receive an e-mail confirmation and a link to pay for the class by credit card.
The requests for manual registration will be processed in the order we receive them. This is the most fair approach we can manage at this point.
Again, that you for your patience with this incredibly difficult process.