Compass Fall Classes Posted! Registration Opens 5/22/18 at 6:00 am
Great news! The all-new schedule for fall homeschool classes at Compass has been posted!
Early registration for begins next week on Tuesday, May 22 at 6:00 am. A 10% early registration discount is offered through June 15. But don’t wait, some popular classes fill up quickly! New families are welcome to enroll.
Compass is celebrating the start of its 7th year in 2018-19, and we are continuing to innovate and bring more opportunities to homeschool families! Look for 3 Advanced Placement (AP) and 6 Honors level high school classes, two Odyssey of the Mind teams, a Homeschool String Orchestra, a Literary Magazine Writing Board, and dozens of other innovative classes! For fall, 118 classes are offered for homeschooled students in PreK-12th grade, including topics in math, science, engineering, technology, history, humanities, civics, writing, French, Spanish, ASL, Mandarin, art, music, dance, drama, cooking, chess, fitness, fencing, and more! Look for some returning favorites and many creative, new class topics such as:
- VR (Virtural Reality) Science
- Mosaic Masterpieces: Whimsical Works in Wavy Glass
- Outbreak! The Microbiology of Disease
- Wizard’s Workshop: Harry’s Hogwarts Handicrafts
- Engineering Lab: Electronics 101
- Cracking Codes : Cryptology for Kids
- Programming Lab: Mobile Apps
- Kids’ Theater: The Wizard of Oz
- Invention Dimension: Eureka!
- STEM Storytime with Penny’s Puppets
- Teen Jam/Open Mic
- and dozens more!
Compass also has an expanded High School Schedule of 40 classes. Some high school classes are on Wednesday only, most are on Friday only, and some meet Wednesday and Friday. Most high school classes are semester-long (14 weeks), several full-credit core classes are year-long (30 weeks), and some electives are quarter-long (7 weeks). A partial list of high school classes includes:
- AP Computer Science A
- AP Environmental Science (also honors and on-level)
- AP Psychology (also honors and on-level)
- Physics: Newtonian Mechanics
- Ace the ACT and SAT
- ASL 1
- Spanish 1
- Veterinary Science: Medical Mysteries, Emergency!
- Robotics Tech Challenge: Autonomous Cars
- and many more!
Check the Registration page for all class options. Use the new filter features to search by hour, grade, topic, or key word. Look at Class Descriptions for class details, grade range, prerequisites, and instructors. See Compass Policies for questions about age/grade placement. Compass Homeschool Classes meet in Oakton.
Follow Compass on Facebook to watch for featured classes. Please forward and share this news with your homeschool friends!