Compass Fall Classes Posted! Registration Opens 5/21/18 at 6:00 am
Great news! The all-new schedule for fall homeschool classes at Compass has been posted!
Early registration for begins next week on Tuesday, May 21 at 6:00 am. A 10% early registration discount is offered through June 15. But don’t wait, some popular classes fill up quickly! New families are welcome to enroll.
Compass is celebrating the start of its 8th year in 2018-19, and we are continuing to innovate and bring more opportunities to homeschool families! Look for 2 Advanced Placement (AP) and 9 Honors level high school classes, a Homeschool String Ensemble, a Literary Magazine Writing Board, and dozens of other innovative classes! For fall, more than 100 classes are offered for homeschooled students in PreK-12th grade, including topics in math, science, engineering, technology, history, humanities, civics, writing, French, Spanish, ASL, art, music, dance, drama, cooking, chess, fitness, fencing, and more! Look for some returning favorites and many creative, new class topics such as:
- Coding Club…3 Levels!
- Dig It! Early Archaeology
- Little Medical School
- Paleontology: Fossil Fieldwork
- Bibliophiles Book Group
- Psychology Sampler: My Brain
- Math Fact Foundations
- Art: Anyone Can Draw…3 Levels
- Whole Health Yoga and Family Fun Yoga…3 sessions
- FUNctional Fitness: Conditioning & Cross-Training (Homeschool PE)
- Who Wants to Be a Scientist?
- Wizard’s Workshop: Harry’s Hogwarts Handicrafts
- Ultimate Magic Academy
- and dozens more!
Compass also has an expanded High School Schedule of 54 classes. Some high school classes are on Wednesday only, most are on Friday only, and some meet Wednesday and Friday. Most high school classes are semester-long (14 weeks), several full-credit core classes are year-long (30 weeks), and some electives are quarter-long (7 weeks). A partial list of high school classes includes:
- Principles of High School Science
- Code for a Cause: Technovation Team
- Spy Games RPG: The History of Espionage
- AP Modern World History
- AP Art History
- Bio-Chem Learning Lab
- Applied Physics
- Comic Art…3 levels
- High School math from Pre-Algebra through Calculus (5 levels)
- Information Masters: Research Strategies in the Digital World
- Writing Lab
- and many more!
Check the Registration page for all class options. Use the new filter features to search by hour, grade, topic, or key word. Look at Class Descriptions for class details, grade range, prerequisites, and instructors. See Compass Policies for questions about age/grade placement. Compass Homeschool Classes meet in Oakton.
Follow Compass on Facebook to watch for featured classes. Please forward and share this news with your homeschool friends!