Compass Classes Start in One Week on Sept. 9: Registration Still Open
September is here! Do you have your homeschooling year figured out? Compass classes begin in just one week on Wednesday, September 9. Registrations are still being accepted!
If you have some gaps in your curriculum, want to incorporate an outside class, or are looking for a few more social interactions, please consider Compass classes! Compass offers enrichment classes for homeschooled students in K-12 in Oakton. We have a great year planned with innovative classes, special events, community programs, academic clubs and contests, and social opportunities.
Compass still has openings in 40 classes, but don’t wait, because half of those have only 1 or 2 seats remaining! Following is a partial list of available classes.
HIGH SCHOOL CLASSES
- Active Chemistry: Matter & the Elements
- Algebra I with the Art of Problem Solving
- Algebra II with the Art of Problem Solving
- First Amendment Law: Analysis and Application
- Information Master: High School Research Fundamentals 1
- Intro to Writing Literary Criticisms: Film
- SAT Math Skills & Strategies
STAGE & PERFORMANCE
- Acting Out Stories: Phenomenal All New Folk Tales
- Actor’s Workshop: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Acting Unscripted: Wednesday Afternoon Live!
- Stage Combat Skills: Fantastic Fisticuffs (Unarmed Combat)
- The Total Musical Performer: Songs from Stage and Screen
- Arabic for Little Kids
- Arabic in Action
- ASL (American Sign Language) for Everyone
- French for Beginners
- French for Fun
- Mandarin for Advanced Beginners
ART & MUSIC
- Art: Drawing Essentials
- Drum Jam with Kofi: Beginning Rhythms
- Music-Makers- Rhythms
- Design Your Own Video Games: Mazes
- Digital Detective
- Living World: Plants & Animals
- Math Masterminds: Geometry Challenges
- Prototype Jr. 3D Printing Design Lab
MORE FUN THINGS!
- Chess: Advanced Beginners 1
- Chess: Intermediate Drop-In Club
- RunFit Kidz: Train for 5K Fun Run
- Word Masters: Verbal Analogies and Vocab Challenges
Please check our schedule again! Some classes that were previously full have had last minute openings. Spaces that did not have wait lists are now open to the public. Follow Compass on Facebook to get updates on what additional last minute openings may pop up.
Compass classes meet in Oakton. Most classes are held on Wednesdays, but a few high school classes meet on Fridays for a special teens-only day at Compass! See the website for more information about the Compass community, class descriptions, our flexible age/grade policy, instructor profiles, class fees, and fully integrated online registration. Compass accepts payment by check, credit card, or non-interest financing through PayPal.