Compass Classes Begin in 2 Weeks- There is Still Time!
You survived the eclipse! Summer is almost over! Do you have your homeschooling year figured out? Compass classes begin in just two weeks on Wednesday, September 6. Registrations are still being accepted!
If you have some gaps in your curriculum, want your child to try an in-person, small group class or explore a new topic, try Compass this fall! Compass offers core, enrichment, and extracurricular classes for homeschooled students in K-12. We have a great year planned with innovative courses, special events, community programs, academic clubs and contests, and social opportunities. Most classes are just 7 weeks long!
Compass still has openings in several dozen classes, but don’t wait, because many of those have only 1 or 2 seats remaining! Following is a PARTIAL list of the available classes by category:
HIGH SCHOOL CLASSES
- Algebra I (year-long)
- Learning to Write Literary Criticism Through Film
- Lessons in Leadership
- Macro Biology Lab Intensive (year-long)
- Philosophically Speaking
- Shakespeare Off the Page: Twelfth Night (10 week workshop)
- Aviation Science: The Physics of Flight (14 weeks)
- Engineering with LEGO (2 age/grade levels)
- Mobile Maker Lab
- Manipulating Math: Measurement Madness
- Pre-Algebra Skill Builders (2 topics)
- Science of the Senses: Light and Vision, from Eye to Brain
- Drum Jam with Kofi: Beginning Rhythms
- Guitar for Teens/Adults (two skill levels)
- Homeschool String Orchestra
- Teen Open Mic/Jam Session
HISTORY & CIVICS
- American History Alive!
- Context Considered: Current Events Through Political Cartoons
- Hands on History: Mesopotamia
- History Investigators: How Free Were Free Blacks in the North?
- ASL (two age/grade levels)
- French (two age/grade levels)
- Mandarin Chinese (two skill levels)
- Spanish (three age/grade levels)
MORE FUN THINGS!
- Acting FUNdamentals: Stupendous Superheroes & Sidekicks
- Chess (two skill levels)
- Dynamic Dioramas
- Smart Start: Thinking Fun for Young Learners
Compass classes meet in Oakton. Most classes are held on Wednesdays, but a some high school/ middle school classes meet on Fridays for a special teens-only day at Compass.
See our new video for information on the Compass community, or visit the website for class descriptions, our flexible age/grade policy, instructor profiles, class fees, and fully integrated online registration. Compass accepts payment by check, credit card, or non-interest financing through PayPal.