Compass 2nd Quarter Fall Schedule Posted…Early Registration Starts 9/24
Great news! The all-new schedule for 2nd Quarter Fall Compass classes has been posted!
Early registration for 2nd quarter begins this week on Thursday, September 24 at 6:00 am. A 10% early registration discount is offered through October 9. But don’t wait, some popular classes fill up quickly! New families are welcome to enroll!
80 classes are offered for homeschooled students in K-12th grade, including topics in math, science, engineering, technology, history, humanities, civics, public speaking, writing, Latin, Spanish, French, Arabic, ASL, Mandarin, art, music, drama, cooking, chess, fitness, and more! You will find some returning favorites and many innovative, new class topics such as:
- American History Alive! The New Century
- Stage Combat: Lightsaber Academy
- Arabic (two levels)
- Intro to Writing Literary Criticisms: Short Stories
- Crafting Comics: Character Creations (two sections)
- Drum Jam: Exotic Rhythms
- Chess: Intermediate Drop-In Club
- Actor’s Workshop: Star Wars Radio Show Script
- Acting Experience: You’re a Good Man Charlie Brown
- 3D History: Allied Invasion of Europe/Break-out from Normandy
- Art: Working with Watercolor (three sections)
- Cooking: Festive Favorites (four levels, including new Kinder Kitchen)
- Design Your Own Video Games: Platform Games
- App Invention for Android: Interactive Apps
- Kids’ Maker Studio: Toy Rebuild (two levels)
- and many more!
Check the Schedule page for all options by hour and sort by grade or day. Most classes meet on Wednesdays, but several middle and high school level classes meet on Compass Teen Fridays. Look at Class Descriptions for class details, grade range, prerequisites, and instructors. See Compass Policies for questions about age/grade placement and withdrawal/refunds.
All classes meet in Oakton. 2nd quarter is 7 weeks long and begins Wednesday, October 28!