Compass 2nd Quarter Classes Posted! Early Registration Opens Tues. 10/3
Great news! The all-new schedule for 2nd quarter fall homeschool classes at Compass has been posted!
Early registration for begins this week on Tuesday, October 3 at 6:00 am. A 10% early registration discount is offered through October 15. But don’t wait, some popular classes fill up quickly!
New families are welcome to enroll! More than 100 classes are offered for homeschooled students in K-12th grade, including topics in math, science, engineering, technology, history, humanities, civics, writing, French, Spanish, ASL, Mandarin, art, music, dance, drama, cooking, chess, fitness, fencing, and more! You will find some returning favorites and many innovative, new class topics such as:
- American History Alive! The 1800s
- Mobile Maker Lab- two sections
- Homeschool String Orchestra
- Historic Games of the Medieval World
- Get to Know Virginia Government
- Mandarin- two levels
- Acting FUNdamentals” Create a Character
- Science of the Senses” Sound & Hearing
- Hands on History: Ancient Egypt
- ASL (American Sign Language)- two levels
- and dozens more!
Compass also has an expanded High School Schedule with classes on Wednesday only, some on Friday only, and some that meet Wednesday and Friday. Some high school classes are quarter-long (7 weeks), some are semester-long (10-14 weeks), and several core classes are year-long (30 weeks)
- Introduction to Calligraphy
- Everyday Spanish Conversation
- Wellness Works: Happiness!
- 3D History: WWI Gallipoli & Lawrence of Arabia
- Literary Criticism- two levels
- Lessons in Leadership
- and more!
Check the Registration page for all class options. Use the new filter features to search by hour, grade, topic, or key word. Look at Class Descriptions for class details, grade range, prerequisites, and instructors. See Compass Policies for questions about age/grade placement. Compass Homeschool Classes meet in Oakton.