Classes for Kids, Tweens, and Teens Who Craft and Create
Many kids are tactile learners, so what is more fun than crafting, constructing, and creating while learning alongside others? Compass has hands-on, project-based classes led by teaching artists to support their creativity. Classes begin on September 6, and it is not to late to join us. A partial list of classes includes:
- Sew Simple…beginning hand sewing projects for young students (1st-2nd grade)
- Modeling the Great Conquests…construct a foam model of the Viking village and ship (6th-8th grade)
- Puppet Craft Workshop…create your own cast of characters through a variety of techniques (1st-3rd grade)
- Mosaic Masterpieces…create custom compositions in an open studio. Class meetings on Monday or Friday (8th grade – adult)
- Harry Potter Handicrafts…themed craft projects inspired by Hogwarts highlights (5th-8th grade)
- Sewing Workroom… a social, weekly after school meet-up for tweens, teens, adult who want to work on their in-progress sewing projects (6th grade- adult)
- Crafty Kids Club…a social, weekly after school meet-up for kids who like to craft and make friends (2nd-6th grade)
For other visual arts, Compass still has openings in Junior Art Studio (Class meetings on Tue/10am, Tue/11am, Wed/11am, or Wed/12pm ), Art in Action (class meetings on Tue/12pm or Wed/10am), Introduction to Digital Photography, Drawing Studio, and Acrylic Painting.
For other building-based classes, Compass still has openings in Beginner Bots, Go Girl! Engineering, Junior Engineering with LEGO (class meeting on Tue/2pm or Wed/10am), Experiments in Engineering, Robot Fab Lab.