Sign Up Now for the 2017 Compass Year End Picnic and Field Day!
Celebrate the end of the year! Welcome summer! Say good-bye to current friends, and meet new ones who will be joining us in the fall! This event is open to anyone who attended Compass classes in 2016-17 and new families who have just registered for 2017-18 classes. RSVP through the link below.
Date: Thursday, June 1
Time: 12:30 pm- 4:00 pm
Location: Nottoway Park
Address: 9537 Courthouse Road, Vienna 22181
Meet-Up: Shelter #1 + Picnic Area + Playing Fields
Compass has reserved a section of Nottoway park in Vienna to hold our end of year party! We will hold some semi-organized games and relays in the open fields for about an hour and a half. Then we will let the kids re-purpose the equipment, run around, and make up games.
Kids will be divided up in rough age groups to move through the “stations” of fun and silly games such as:
- Water-Sponge Soaker Relay
- Rubber Chicken Toss
- Sack Race
- Hula Hoop Relay
- Long Jump
- Obstacle Course
There will also be additional lawn games such as bocce, bean bag toss, horseshoes, Frisbee, and volleyball.
Volunteers are needed to:
- Loan equipment (what do you have that would be fun for field day?)
- Lead an Activity Station (such as sack race or a craft project)
- Group Leader (take a group of kids from activity station-to-station)
What to Bring:
- Everyone is asked to bring a snack item (fruit, cookies, chips, etc.) to share mid afternoon.
- Bring your own water bottles, sunscreen, bug spray, and folding camp/sports chairs.
- Bring bats, gloves, and balls if you are interested in a pick-up game of baseball or soccer on an adjacent playing field.
1. There are 20 picnic tables located under a large, shady cluster of trees. We will be finishing up the Quads Chess Tournament around 12pm, so families are invited to bring a picnic lunch and arrive starting at 12:30. We will begin organizing kids into groups around 1:00 pm.
2. There are restrooms adjacent to our picnic area.
3. There is a playground with a few climbing structures and 6 swings next to our picnic shelter.
4. When arriving at Nottoway Park, drive to the back of the park, following the signs to Picnic Area. The drive will dead-end with parking lots to the left and to the right. Either area is fine. Our picnic area is behind the large grove of trees.
5. In the event of a day-long, drenching rain and/or thunderstorms, this event will be cancelled in its entirety
RSVP: Please Include the following information:
- Number of kids and ages (so we can plan the activity groups)
- If you are able to volunteer to lead an activity station or accompany a group through the activity stations
- If you have some fun, outdoor equipment or supplies to share